Monday 24 February 2014

Flamenco





Yesterday I heard one person saying that all kind of arts are like religion, because it is the only one thing in life which can connect others without any harm. It means that dancers´ shows, singers´ performances, painters´ paintings, photographers´ photos, sculptors´ sculptures etc., it is all like a temples  for us.
Actually I can say that I agree with this idea and I guess all of us have something what we enjoy most, one people can mention some djs, other - Vivaldi, one can say the best thing for them is dancing or just watch how other dance waltz, salsa, street dance, etc. Some people would say that there is nothing better in their lives than photography, other would chose - painting. I do not believe that there are people who do not like anything. So according to this, I am not saying that flamenco is my favourite dance, but I can easily call it one of them, because it is one of the most characteristic elements of Spanish culture, especially throughout the southern region of Andalucia!
So flamenco is a genuine Spanish art form, or, to be more exact, a genuine Southern Spanish art. It exists in three forms: el cante, the song, el baile, the dance, and la guitarra, the guitar playing. 
It is such a nice view for people´s eyes, I think everyone would enjoy! It has such a passionating sound and the rhythm! It feels like all of me doesn´t belong to me anymore, I can just let my soul free! 
Shame that at the beggining people did not accept this kind of dance because it was associated with gypsies and they seemed to be a second-rate nation that´s why other people did not want to see or do anything what comes close to them (as described in the book of Emma Martinez: "Flamenco... All You Wanted to Know"). 
In the seventeenth century society gradually began to enjoy flamenco as an integral part of the culture, which in itself has very much passion and feelings. Flamenco's popularity began to seamlessly grow when people started to see the beauty of it: enchanted music, guitar vibrations and passionate dance or an incredible body language
I am happy about having a chance to see the beauty of Spanish culture (not even flamenco, but everything about this sunny country) and feel like a part of it. Well atleast for a while! 






No comments:

Post a Comment