Thursday 30 January 2014

Living abroad: UK, Turkey, Italy, Spain - Let´s do it!









HELLO EVERYONE!
MERHABA ARKADASLAR!

CIAO AMICI!
HOLA AMIGOS!
Let´s go abroad... :) 

UNITED KINGDOM...

Three years ago I had a chance to live in UK, it was really interesting and nice experience. First of all, I had deepen my knowledge of  English language and secondly, I got a chance to find out about totally different culture than my one. It was very interesting and useful opportunity, I think after staying in UK I found my self as a person who can deal with problems and find solutions in every kind of situations: I became stronger in making decisions, more open minded and easy going person and of course - wiser. Meanwhile I was staying in GB, I was traveling a lot (I am talking about inside the country). So I want to share my experience about it :)
My first big trip in UK was Cornwall:

Cornish people have a different English accent, so firstly it was really hard for me to understand them (I had only knew English from my English teacher at Lithuanian school, so trying to understand different English accent was really difficult for me, but I hope I made it :))
My second big trip in GB was Kent (when I say big trip it means place where I have been living at least two weeks or so). Kent was also amazing area, there are places like Sandwich, Birchington - on - sea, Dover, etc, which are really beautiful. Speaking about different English accent in Kent area - it was not so hard, actually it was like a general English language. So I did not have so many
misunderstanding problems or awkward moments like: when I am keep saying: “say it again please“, and having a strange look which actually means “I want to ruuuuuuuunnnnn away from here!“
After my wonderful staying in Kent I decided to move one and finally I am in Scotland!
Edinburgh was so amazing, I actually fell in love with that city. It feels like it is a place of dreams, where you can just stand and look at any corner of the building and you will see soul in it. It was so amazing! Beautiful nature, mountains and rivers, it is a place which I can easily call a heaven on earth :).

Speaking about accent... oh gosh, it was hard again, so I had a same problem (even worst) like in Cornwall :))
In general, I strongly believe, that English people are really friendly, helpful and they would always show you the way if you were lost, they would ask are you okay, you need a help or anything, they would always try to explain everything as simple as they can. I actually had a really good experience over there. I am glad I met good people, who I can easily call friends.









TURKEY....


One year ago I had a chance to study abroad, I went to Turkey, Istanbul (Thanks to my university KTU). First couple days I did not like it, it was too much different from other places I have been in Europe before. There were too many people who were trying to get easy money from me. For example, when I landed to the airport I was looking for a taxi to go to my university, and one man came to me, he said he is a taxi driver and he can offer cheaper price for me (120 Turkish lire), he said other taxi drivers going to take more money of me, but I told him I would rather go by normal taxi (yellow ones) because it is more secure and I do not mind to pay more. And you know what? Normal taxi driver took only 50 Turkish lire. So it was my first day and I already had a chance to realize that Turkey is a different country for sure. Later on, I found out that despite all the bad experiences Istanbul is the city where I would like to live all my life. Istanbul is the best experience of my life so far. I actually love this city. I love everything about it: chaos, traffic, crowds, the way how people behave: they are so close to each other, so helpful and so dramatic sometimes, but at the same time - they are "clean heart" people, who just trying to find the way how to survive. Meanwhile in Turkey I also went to different places too (they were so amazing, that after seeing this pics I think you would go there as well). Enjoy:

KAPADOKYA



 EFES: 




 PAMUKKALE: 




BODRUM: 




ANTALYA:






IZMIR: 





MARMARIS: 






Speaking about Turkish language... Actually it is not so hard to learn it. Of course, I think so because I liked it too much so that´s why it was not hard for me, every day I wanted to find out more and more. Unfortunately I am not able to speak as good as I would like to. But anyway, I would be able to understand some :) Also, Turkish language has some similarities to Lithuanian language, for example Lithuanian people would say: betonas (concrete), Turks would say: beton. Lithuanian people would say - reklama (advertisement), Turkish people would say: reklam. There are many similarities like this, so this also might be a reason why I like everything about Turkey so much (especially food, haha).


ITALY...

I have a good friend of mine, who lives in Italy, so that´s why this summer I got an offer to go to Italy, of course I took this offer immediately :)). Because I always  liked Italy as well. In my opinion it is a place of romantic love, beautiful language (for me one of the most beautiful in the world) and tasty food (I like food too much :D ). Italy has got many places, which are really historical, have a deep meaning. I think it is a country where culture began, it is like a Mother of Europe culture. So isn´t amazing? 
Talking about my self I am a person, who prefers nature: mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, seas, etc. I just love it! So Italy has got such a beautiful nature, that I was actually too sad about leaving this country. 

ROME: 



VATICAN CITY: 



MILAN: 




VENICE: 




PERUGIA: 



In my opinion - Italian language is not very hard as well, but it is definitely language of love. It is so romantic! Italians speak so enthusiastic, they use their body language too. I can just look at them all day long and never get bored. :) I like the sound of it, the way how people pronouncing and what gesture they use. It is like a drama in a theater, and I like theaters too much :)

SPAIN...

When I say Spain first thing I want to do is sing that song: Barceloooooonaaa, Barceloooooonaaa... :D When I used to think about Spain before, it always was about oranges, football, hot weather, flamenco and "Corrida de toros". And you know what? It is true, but there are so many other things: Barcelona (on my view) the fourth beautiful city in Europe after Istanbul, Edinburgh and Rome. This city is full of historical places too, lots of culture and museums, people are so alive, they are stylish, they do not really mind how you are dressing up  or anything, they are just a young people despite the fact how old they really are. 
The reason why I am here? I am doing my internship in a company called one global translators. I am working with friendly people, who are always here to help me, give me advices, etc. when I go to my working place, I do not feel like I am going to work, I feel like I am going to educate my self, see happy faces which make me happy too. :) I strongly believe that this is all about being in this amazing city. I think all of us (who are here for studies, internship, etc) can feel the soul of Barcelona: just wake up every morning and go out to adorn the world. This is the way how Spanish people behave (on my view), they are optimistic, they are just happy people. :) 

BARCELONA: 







VALENCIA: 







So this is my experience of living abroad. All I can say - there is nothing in this world more amazing than having a chance to see new places, find out about different cultures, traditions, religions, etc. After this kind of experience you gonna be richer person, not by having lots of pics, but by having a deeper mind, about being wiser and about meeting a wonderful people in life! 


2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing experience!! Are you looking forward to see even more countries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yes, sure, why not! All the world is my home ;)

    ReplyDelete